The Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 was signed on 24 April 2009.
It aims to:
- Promote a fair, accessible and sustainable marketplace for consumer products and services
- Establish national norms and standards to ensure consumer protection
- Make provision for improved standards of consumer information, to prohibit certain unfair marketing and business practices
- Promote responsible consumer behaviour
- Promote a consistent legislative and enforcement framework, related to consumer transactions and agreements
For more information, click on the following link :-